On behalf of the school community I would like to welcome you to The Rivers Secondary College, Kadina High Campus.
In 2015 Kadina High School, along with Lismore High School, and Richmond River High School, aligned to create The Rivers Secondary College. Each school maintains its own identity but works closely in delivering educational outcomes based on Unity, Equity and Success for all students in the Lismore area. The college is also part of the Rivers P-12, a united public education for Lismore catering for the needs of our local community.
The Rivers Secondary College, Kadina High Campus has a proud history of achievement. We continually aim to provide quality education to develop the individual talents, interests and abilities of our students to give them the capability and confidence to succeed in the 21st century.
We are a co-educational, comprehensive high school, seeking always to provide our students with the opportunities to acquire the knowledge, understanding, skills and values for productive and rewarding lives. We also have a Support Unit, catering to the needs of students with disabilities ensuring inclusive and equitable access to education.
Our excellent facilities include a fully operational Trade Training Centre. The Trade Training Centre includes upgraded facilities in both Hospitality and Metals. The school gymnasium funded through the Premier Sporting grants is fully operational and a recent refurbishment of our Music rooms now offers state of the art facilities in the performing arts. We have also invested in creating more flexible outdoor covered learning areas that service students and staff in taking learning beyond the classroom. We have a strong student wellbeing system that focuses on supporting student success. We have caring, experienced and well-qualified teachers, who are committed to encouraging personal excellence.
We are committed to:-
- Ensuring that quality learning and teaching are the central focus of every classroom.
- Ensuring that students have appropriate technology skills and resources to meet their educational and vocational needs both now and in the future.
- Providing a safe, secure, supportive and quality learning environment.
- Involving parents, caregivers and the local community in all aspects of the college.
- Offering breadth of curriculum through our involvement in the Rivers Secondary College including aligning school bell times with the two other local college campuses.
- Supporting the ‘building our capacity’ initiative to provide quality public education in the Lismore area.
At the Kadina High Campus, our students are challenged to consider what ‘Kadina Creates…’ During their time at school, all students will be afforded amazing opportunities to seek their passion and build their skills. Kadina will create these opportunities for them. We encourage all students to make the most of this and find their own field of excellence.
I look forward to working with you in supporting your child’s education at The Rivers Secondary College, Kadina High Campus.
Mr James Witchard