How do I access Online Payments?
Parents can access the schools website. Click on 'Make a Payment' By selecting this, link you will be taken to a secure Westpac payment page. You will no longer be on the school's website.
The payment process is intuitive and follows the format of many other online payments that are used every day.
How do I make a Payment?
From the initial payment page, payers will complete the details, some of which are mandatory (marked with a *), before confirming the payment details and completing the payment. A receipt can be printed from the payment page and/or be emailed to the payer.
The payment screens are:
- Entering payment details
- Entering credit card details
- Confirmation of payment details and
- Online Payment Receipt
Entering Payment Details
The payment details screen captures student and payment details. This allows for identification of the student that the payment applies to and what the payment is for.
This is critical to ensure that the right student is credited for the right items.
Where Class or Year AND Invoice Number are entered, Date of Birth is not required.
If only Class or Year OR Invoice Number is entered, a Date of Birth is required.
The payment details should come from the school invoice or listing that the school issues. There can be more than one payment line for all items except voluntary school contributions, the items are;
- Voluntary school contributions (1 payment line), use this for general contributions or donations
- Subject contributions (up to 10 payment lines), use this for contributions for specific subjects eg. Visual Arts, Industrial Technology etc.
- Excursions (up to 5 payment lines), use this for specific excursions e.g. Zoo, Opera House etc
- Sport (up to 5 payment lines), use this for any sporting activities eg carnivals and weekly sport activities
- Creative and Practical Arts (up to 5 payment lines), use this for drama, dance, craft levies etc
- Sales to Students (up to 5 payment lines), use this for anything purchased by a student that becomes the property of the student
- Other (up to 5 payment lines), this may be used for paying total amounts owed by a student eg complete student invoice/statement of account
IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF WHICH BOX TO CHOOSE, PLEASE CONTACT THE SCHOOL AND ASK FOR CLARIFICATION
When any option is chosen by selecting the tick box, a payment description and payment amount must be included. Deselect an option by checking the tick box again.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do I need to enter Date of Birth?
In some schools, there are students with the same name in the same class or year. The date of birth assists the school in distinguishing which student the payment relates to. Note: date of birth is not required if class or year AND an invoice number are entered for a student. Some schools choose to issue invoices, others do not.
2. Why do I have to enter the student's details each time I make a payment, isn't it stored in the system?
When you make a payment you are in a secure Westpac website, for privacy and security of data no student details are maintained within the Westpac site. You must enter the details with each payment.
3. The screen keeps displaying the data I have just completed, it is not moving on.
Scroll through the whole screen, any errors will be shown in RED, you cannot progress until you resolve the error.
4. The screen on my mobile phone is different to the screen on my computer. Why?
The screens on mobile phones and tablets are designated as mobile friendly and are easier to use.
5. I don't know the student registration number. What is it?
The student registration number is optional, if the school issues invoices, the number may appear on the invoice. Some schools use this on advice to parents, but not all schools.
6. What is the Ref or Invoice Number. I don't know it?
The ref or invoice number is optional. Some schools use this on advice to parents, others do not.
7. Why can't I deposit directly to the school's bank account?
A direct deposit does not give the school any detail as to what you are paying for. The description space varies from bank to bank and is limited so the students name and class may not fit. Schools can have students with the same name and it is difficult to distinguish which student the payment relates to.
8. Why can't I use BPay?
BPay only allows a total amount to be paid. Payers are not able to select particular items to pay
9. Does the school see my credit card details?
No. The credit card details are masked on any report to the school eg 411111xxxxx1111
10. Can I use debit card or PayPal for payments?
Payments can only be made using VISA or MasterCard credit or debit cards. American Express, Diners Club or EFTPoS cards are not accepted. PayPal is not a payment option using this process. If the payer only has an EFTPoS debit card, then the schools EFTPOS terminal, cash or cheque are alternative methods of payments.
11. I have made a payment in error. How can I cancel it?
Contact the school and request that they cancel the transaction. This can be the same day that the transaction was processed or at a later date.
12. If I select "Make a Payment" and the screen does not change, who should I contact?
Contact the school office and request to speak to the School Administration Manager
13. I haven't used online payments before. Is it difficult?
The payment process has been developed to be very user friendly. It follows the format of many other online payment screens that you may have used.
14. Can I pay for multiple students?
When paying for more than one student, the "Make Another Payment" option should be selected on the Online Payment Receipt screen. There is no option to add multiple students to a single payment as the details on the initial screen relate to one particular student only. You can still make payments in the usual manner ie. at the school office using cash, cheque, and some schools accept EFTPOS
15. I am having difficulties using online payments with my Mac
Try updating your browser to the latest version.
16. My session has timed out
If you are delayed in making a payment you will be logged out and will need to recommence the process.